Week 4 A

 The week we are starting a new project which is a portrait of Langston Hughes, but illustrated in an unconventional way. I started to sketch out some ideas and looked at other images of him to start getting some ideas. I noticed that he was really into jazz, so I came up with an idea to incorporate some music notes within my illustration. The first sketch has him popping out of a trumpet and music notes will be coming out of his mouth symbolizing that he is the one producing the music. I want this to be drawn in a cartoon like style. I would like to try to draw him like a caricature drawing. I will also have music notes filling up some of the background area and maybe incorporate some jazz color palates within the piece. The next idea that I came up with is similar, but its just a portrait of him with various music notes in the background, I was also thinking of making a collage of his albums to add to the background. I want to try to add some photos to this illustration to get a nice mix of mediums. Below are the sketches and some images that inspired me.







This is the style I would like to illustrate him as.









   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10 B

Week 10 A

Week 9 B