Week 9 B


 Final project

UPDATED SUBMISSION 










To reiterate my thought process for this project, I wanted to do something more abstract instead of a more literal connection to the article. I wanted to illustrate the overall motive and goal of the man in the article. His whole goal year after year is to get the chance to scare some kids on Halloween. I wanted to illustrate his goal finally becoming a reality by illustrating a spooky skeleton hand holding the souls of the trick or treaters he finally scared straight. One last minute change I made was to add masks to the ghosts to add another connection to the article and that this year if Halloween isn't canceled, most kids will probably be wearing some kind of mask under their costume. 
    This project was a fun experiment for me. This was the first time I had done a project in procreate and it definitely won't be the last. Procreate is an amazing program with so many options for brushes which is what allowed me to experiment with this project. I did however stray from the caricature style for this project and that has to do with procreate itself. I started off digitalizing this project in procreate to test out what procreate has to offer and before I knew it, I illustrated this and liked it so much I decided to stay with this idea instead of the Frankenstein one.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10 B

Week 10 A