Week 7 B

 I have drawn out all of my sketches and they can be found below for feedback. They are all bigger than thumbnail size, but that's because I have a hard time drawing a whole scene in a small area. My personal favorites are the ones that are satirical, rather than the ones that focus more on the scary part of Halloween. I will label them accordingly.


Illustrating the scene from the article that the man wanted to do to terrify the kids (dropping the life sized ghoul from the tree)



A comic strip illustration that illustrates traditional scares from Halloween and scares that were mentioned in the article.



A creepy ghoul that is grabbing a Halloween snow globe with souls of children flying around.



I wanted to illustrate the overall theme of the article which was to terrify children, so I drew a child being terrified by creepy eyes



Similar to the concept of the last sketch, but I wanted to incorporate text into this one and make it more detailed. I was thinking about having his face be half skeleton half human 


Illustrating the scene from the article that mentions a lifeless scarecrow grabbing children as they grab candy 


A satirical take on Frankenstein. He is curious if he still scares children the way he used to.   


Wanted to incorporate covid into some of my drawings. The kids are ready to trick or treat until covid comes out of the darkness and stops them.


Another covid drawing that describes it as the new horrifying monster this year. Rather it being a traditional monster, it is a silent killer this year. 


A satirical take on three classic monsters. I wanted to put masks on their faces and have the mask resemble their own faces. Also thought about mixing up their masks and having them be confused. 






















   

Comments

  1. Hi Tim,
    I think you have some good starting ideas. I find the disappointed Frankenstein to be a fun and creative idea related to the article. Even though it's kind of direct and doesn't offer much of a scene as your other sketches, I think a green monster mixed amongst a news paper filled with articles could be really eye catching. Maybe to combine your last sketch with the one Frankenstein you could put that scary monster mouth on his mask as he holds up the sign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tim,
    I honestly find the first image the most fascinating one out of all ten sketches to me. I do enjoy see the expression coming from the child's face as the man on the tree wanted to terrify the kids. Because we're taking about COVID/pandemic from that article, maybe think about adding the mask in both faces. I know this had to to take place somewhere around the forest at night, so why not add more trees to the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think out of all your thumbnails the scarecrow grabbing kids was the most interesting. I really think that the bored expression on his face was funny. I also really like the snow globe one! I think you could do something really interesting with the color palettes and lighting. When reading the article, although it does mention COVID in it as one of the reasons why the author can't scare children, it wasn't really the focus of the article. It was mostly about how he wants to celebrate Halloween but is foiled time and time again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10 B

Week 10 A

Week 9 B