Week 4 B

 I have the rest of my sketches drawn out and this time I went with a different theme. Instead of only choosing to do jazz, I wanted to get some other interests that Hughes had. Poetry is what some of these sketches will include. The first sketch is a portrait of him and coming out of his mouth will be lines from his poetry. The style of this illustration will be semi realistic as I a can get it, while having a calm mood to match the feeling of his poetry. The next sketch is a collage style portrait. I want to have different cut out pieces of his poetry/books, and music and form them into his face. I have some examples of what I was thinking when I sketched it out. My last idea also combines a bunch of his interests. This sketch has his head opening and all of his interests and things about him are emerging from his head. This is to illustrate everything about him and what he'll remember and what we all remember about him. Here are my sketches


This is a very rough sketch and the final product will look more like him If i choose this one.




inspiration for the collage












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10 B

Week 10 A

Week 9 B