Week 5 A

 Today our finished projects are due. I have decided to go with the portrait of Hughes inside the trumpet. Instead of a trumpet though I am now using a saxophone because that instrument screams more jazz to me. After meeting with Nancy, I have a better idea on how to create caricature drawings. She linked me a YouTube channel that does tutorials on how to create them. I took advantage of that and watched most of the video to gather ideas and learn how to draw them. After reviewing the video, I realized that it isn't as hard as I thought it would be. I only sketched a couple due to the time frame, but I think I have a pretty good idea on how to draw them. I want to keep up with this style throughout the semester, so that will give me good practice. The part that I wish was done better was the background. I was rushed and I believe that it could have been executed better. What I did was incorporate what I had in my sketch, but replace the music notes with some of his poetry. I also picked the color green as the background as green was his favorite color. Like I said, the background looks too simple and I want to revisit this in the future to improve it. below are the sketches of the caricatures and the final product along with earlier iterations of my piece. 

    







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10 B

Week 10 A

Week 9 B