Week 6 B

 The main assignment for this week was to draw 100 hands using a tablet device. I was using procreate on the I-pad. As a first time user of both Procreate and the I-pad, this was an interesting experience. At first I did not know how to  use procreate, but then I started to get the hang of it. It is similar top illustrator, just without all the extra bells and whistles. For this exercise I decided to draw cartoon hands because that is the style I feel most comfortable with and want to further my skills in. The tutorial that was given to draw cartoon hands was very useful and I tried to go off of that as best I could. I also found some other tutorials on different style cartoon hands. You can view some of them from the following links.  This was overall a difficult task to complete because I never really had any experience drawing hands or anything with a pen before. I am used to the pen tool in illustrator and not so much free hand. Saying that, this exercise was still a great experience for me because it helped me feel more confidant in drawing some hands. As my drawings progress, you can definitely see improvement and I hope this exercise gives me the practice that I needed. Below are the hands that I drew and some of the different techniques I used to draw them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXjlQoNIsT8 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZVwJr15vuo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o0vZkqsjQ0


Techniques






Some of the techniques used were using little circles to outline the fingers, using stick fingers to outline the fingers, and using the mitten technique. Theses were the main techniques that I found and used along with the other ones found in the links above.


Final Hands 




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10 B

Week 10 A

Week 9 B