Week 1

  For project one I have decided to come up with my own compound word to illustrate. I have decided to choose Lightning bug. I am going to focus on lightning bug for a couple of reasons. First, I think they are really neat and I am curious on how they actually light up. Second, I love everything that has to do with lightning. So when I read that we have to literally illustrate a compound word I was excited to give the lightning bug a try. I am visualizing either a lightning bug that is calling down/surrounded by lightning or I am thinking about making it into a comic style illustration by having the bug be a superhero with the power of lightning. Whatever I decide to do I'm sure I will enjoy illustrating it. Below are some of my initial thumbnail sketches.






Comments

  1. Lightning bug is not a compound word, however superhero is a compound word. So I would work with the first concept of a superhero bug. Superheros are very pop culture now. Really push this concept and think in terms of why lightning bug are important to our environment this may help you concept your background or idea further.

    Look at the following illustrators for different types of styles.
    https://www.creativeboom.com/inspiration/the-20-illustrators-to-follow-in-2020/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10 B

Week 10 A

Week 9 B