Week9 A

 Progress update 

This is going to be a progress update on where I am so far with my illustration. After some more consideration and feedback I have decided to illustrate the skull holding the soul ball for my final design. The feedback I had originally received from my thumbnail sketches told me that I could play around with some effects for the "soul" aspect of the illustration. I took this into consideration and brought this back into my more detailed concept sketches. This time I had also created a slightly different version of this idea. Instead of the snow globe, there is a skeleton holding a "soul" ball filled with the ghosts of past trick or treaters. For this idea, I wanted to illustrate the spookiness of Halloween and to illustrate the main goal of the man in the article which was to scare children. The feedback I received from the concept sketches was mixed between the Frankenstein and the soul ball illustration. After playing around in procreate testing out some of the effects, I was 100% more intrigued to pick this illustration. Below I have different variations of my idea with color changes and incorporating the title of the article in different ways. I went with a sketchy/messy style for this design because I believe that it adds to the Halloween aspect of the design. 









  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10 B

Week 10 A

Week 9 B